Don’t become a victim of a ‘blunder’ fire

The Electrical Safety Council (ESC) says there has been a rise in domestic fires, caused by ‘blunders’.  Since 2009, such fires have increased by over a third.

The CSC, a charity, claims that its survey suggests that people think they are behaving in a sensible fashion, but make common errors, which resulted in 14,700 fires in the UK in 2011. On average, ‘blunder’ fires cause 22 deaths and 2,500 serious injuries a year.

Common ‘blunders’ include;

  • Using a microwave as an extra storage surface and blocking air vents
  • Leaving a tumble dryer on and unattended, or overnight
  • Blocking air vents on fridges and freezers by failing to clean behind them
  • Overloading electrical adapter sockets
  • Leaving appliances unattended, only to be alerted by a burning smell

 

1 Comment
  1. The figures mentioned above are right. Its really a matter of worry that fire incidents are increasing rapidly. But such events can be prevented if we have a fire alarm installed at our home or office.

Leave a Reply


Refresh



Areas Covered

Burnley
Blackburn
Clitheroe
Rossendale
Colne
Nelson
Skipton
Todmorden
Barnoldswick
Earby
Rawtenstall
Lancashire
West Yorkshire

Address

Acewell Electronics Ltd
Higgin Street
Worsthorne
Burnley
Lancashire
BB10 3NT
01282 412340

Our Downloads

Accreditations